ESTABLISHED SINCE 1959
In the winter of 1959 seven local men met in the 'back room' of the Angel Inn in Wooler and decided the town needed a camera club. An independent meeting room was required and Father Willis, one of the seven, offered the basement of the presbytery. Here the club remained until 1971 when it moved to the community centre hall. Later it moved to its present base in the Glendale Hall in Cheviot Street.
Membership peaked in the early nineties to about seventy and is now in the upper thirties. However, if the monthly competitions are anything to go by we still have a lot of very active photographers! Venues for their photography extend around the World.